Good News for AWS Customers in Canada
Amazon is dedicated to creating flexible, cost-effective, and secure cloud-computing solutions for its worldwide customer base. With existing data centres in the U.S., South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia, Amazon continues to expand its infrastructure to meet the needs of its diverse, global clientele.
Amazon’s new Canada-Montreal region will let AWS partners and customers run workloads and store data in Canada, reducing network latency, enabling real-time responses, and improving fault tolerance and stability. For Canadian businesses dealing with sensitive customer information, which they are legally required to keep in Canada, this development opens doors to migrate and manage that data in secure, simplified, and scalable cloud computing environments.
AWS’s Global Infrastructure Meets Canada
Amazon’s Montreal region will be carbon neutral, powered almost completely by clean, renewable hydro-electric power. It will join four existing regions throughout North America – US West (Northern California), US West (Oregon), US East (Northern Virginia), and AWS GovCloud (US) – currently encompassing thirteen Availability Zones.
Globally, Amazon’s infrastructure now spans twelve geographic locations and thirty-two Availability Zones. Amazon plans to launch an additional five regions (Canada, Ohio, United Kingdom, India, and China) throughout 2016. For more information, visit Amazon’s AWS Global Infrastructure page.
What is an AWS Region?
An AWS region is a distinct geographic zone home to data centres that house Amazon’s cloud computing resources. Regions contain Availability Zones, which are connected through low-latency links, though the regions themselves operate independently from each other.
Not all AWS services will be available in all regions. For a breakdown of region-specific offerings, refer to AWS’s Region Table.
Consult with an AWS expert who can discuss your options and help architect, execute, and manage a customized cloud adoption strategy.
- iTMethods Renews Status as Amazon Web Services (AWS) Managed Service Provider - May 25, 2017
- News Release: iTMethods Recognized as a Member of AWS Service Delivery Program for Aurora and Database Migration Service - November 29, 2016
- iTMethods Recognized as an Inaugural Member of Amazon Web Services’ (AWS’) Public Sector Partner Program - November 29, 2016
- Join iTMethods at AWS re:Invent 2016 in Las Vegas! - November 24, 2016
- iTMethods Attends the AWS Enterprise Summit in Toronto - October 25, 2016
- Case Study: UGroupMedia Inc Leverages the AWS Cloud to Handle Explosive Demand - September 6, 2016
- Case Study: Topline Ventures Leverages the Cloud for Global Expansion - August 10, 2016
- Case Study: Limelight Realizes Rapid Growth on the AWS Cloud - July 8, 2016
- iTMethods Achieves AWS Managed Service Provider (MSP) Partner Status - March 29, 2016
- Introducing AWS Database Migration Service - March 24, 2016