KQED operates a wide range of platforms, including traditional mediums like television and radio as well as innovative mobile and app-based solutions to educate, engage, and inform its audiences. It was an existing user of popular Atlassian applications and tools like Jira and Bitbucket, however it lacked the in-house expertise to transition and manage it in a cloud environment.
iTMethods leveraged the power of AWS’ Jira Migration Framework and provided implementation services to migrate KQED’s on-premise Atlassian instances to the AWS Cloud, including Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, Bamboo, Bitbucket, Crucible, and Fisheye.
What Did KQED Achieve with iTMethods on the AWS Cloud?
- iTMethods delivered an eight-week deployment time to production, also undergoing rigorous testing to meet architecture and security compliance requirements within three months.
- Transitioning its Atlassian workloads to the AWS Cloud enabled KQED to reduce deployment and migration costs by 50 percent and ongoing run costs, AWS usage included, by 65 percent.
- Converting to a cloud-based infrastructure accelerated KQED’s cloud adoption journey, improving time to value for teams using Atlassian by up to three times and allowing users to migrate instances in weeks and months instead of months and years.
Discover the power of the AWS cloud with iTMethods. Our AWS experts will help you migrate and automate your workloads, guaranteeing compliance and managing your infrastructure 24x7x365. Contact us today to learn more about our services.
Read more from iTMethods:
- Case Study: Topline, a “Sitebuilder as a Service” Pioneer, Looks to Expand Globally and Reduce Its Dependency on In-House Resources
- Case Study: Limelight, a Growing SaaS Marketing Company, Realizes Rapid Growth on the AWS Cloud
- iTMethods Achieves AWS DevOps Competency Status
Latest posts by Andy Mao (see all)
- Case Study: Fanatics, a leading Sports eCommerce Company Chooses iTMethods’ DevOps SaaS Platform for Migration to Atlassian Data Center on AWS as-a-Service - July 3, 2018
- iTMethods Launches CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise on Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS) for Kubernetes as a Managed Service - June 13, 2018
- Understanding the ROI of Enterprise DevOps - June 6, 2018