KQED Leverages iTMethods’ Expertise to Migrate Its On-Premise Atlassian Workloads to the AWS Cloud, Reducing Costs and Accelerating Its Cloud Adoption Journey
iTMethods leveraged the power of AWS’ Jira Migration Framework and provided implementation services to migrate KQED’s on-premise Atlassian instances to the AWS Cloud, including Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, Bamboo, Bitbucket, Crucible, and Fisheye.
- iTMethods possessed the technical expertise execute the migration, architecting a robust and scalable cloud-based infrastructure ready to adapt to KQED’s expanding needs and drive growth.
- iTMethods delivered an eight-week deployment time to production, transitioning KQED to an enterprise SaaS solution of Atlassian applications on AWS.
- The AWS Cloud provides industry-leading security. Cloud security is the highest priority for AWS, which is why the AWS Cloud incorporates built-in features like privacy safeguards, self-healing mechanisms, and vulnerability reporting. iTMethods also underwent rigorous testing, working to meet enterprise architecture and security compliance requirements within three months.
- Transitioning its Atlassian workloads to the AWS Cloud enabled KQED to reduce costs. Deployment and migration costs went down by 50 percent, while costs associated with running the environment on an ongoing basis, AWS usage included, decreased by 65 percent.
- Converting to a cloud-based infrastructure accelerated KQED’s cloud adoption journey, improving time to value for teams using Atlassian by up to three times and allowing users to migrate instances in weeks and months instead of months and years. iTMethods makes sure KQED’s environment and applications are optimized on an ongoing basis so that users always have access to the most up-to-date tools, processes, and capabilities.
- iTMethods provides ongoing management and support to ensure KQED gets the most out of its tools and systems. By relying on expert partners like iTMethods to maintain its Atlassian applications and AWS Cloud infrastructure, KQED is able to focus on its core business objectives—finding new and innovative ways to engage, interact with, and educate its audiences.